5 Reasons Hardwood Shutters are the Best Shutters on the Market!
5 Reasons Hardwood Shutters are the Best Shutter on the Market
There has long been a misconception that poly or vinyl shutters are better than premium hardwood shutters. There are many window coverings companies that push their faux wood shutters for many different reasons, usually to cut the cost of manufacturing. While poly shutters are superior in instances where the shutters are going to have to withstand moisture, in almost every other scenario a hardwood shutter is the better choice. Here are five reasons why a hardwood shutter is the right shutter for you.
- Hardwood shutters instantly increase the value of your home. Think of putting hardwood shutters in like you do brand new cabinets or a nice new wood floor. Adding custom wood work into your home not only looks amazing but it makes it so your home is worth more. Not to mention the beauty and curb appeal they bring!
- Less maintenance: Hardwood shutters do not create the static electricity that poly and vinyl shutters do. Because of that, hardwood shutters do not attract as much dust as their non-wood counterparts. This means that they do not need to be cleaned as often, and they are easier to clean. Take a swiffer type brush or a micro fiber cloth and run it over the louvers every once in a while, and that will keep your shutters looking like new for years to come.
- Hardwood Shutters do not weigh as much as their non-wood counter parts. This means they can span longer distances without the threat of sagging. There is also less strain put on the hinges, resulting in fewer repairs. Hardwood shutters have the highest strength to weight ratio of any shutter on the market.
Poly or vinyl shutters are not a strong enough material on their own, which is why when it is manufactured there are things that have to be added to the shutter to help with the durability. Such as an aluminum core and/or a poly-carbonate rod to the louvers to help make them stronger. Whereas hardwood shutters are a pure product that are independently strong.
- Hardwood shutters can be shaped to fit almost any window shape. Because of the flexibility of the wood, they can be shaped to fit: ovals, octagons, arches, half rounds, and a plethora of other shapes.
- Because of the nature of hardwood, it can be painted or stained to match any décor. We are able to do custom stain and paint matches on our hardwood shutters. And they never look like plastic or feel like plastic, because they aren’t.
For these reasons, and many more, Hardwood Shutters are by far the best shutter on the market. There are many companies who will push their poly shutters or a manufactured wood shutter because they are cheaper and easier to manufacture. They are also much easier to mass-produce, being shipped in from over seas in most cases. While each of our handcrafted Hardwood Shutters are custom built in our factory in Lindon, Utah, by skilled craftsman who have been working with shutters for decades. For the product that will last the longest, and look the absolute best in years to come, hardwood shutters are the way to go.
To read more about the reason The Blindman does not carry a manufactured hardwood product click here!
To read more about our beautiful hardwood shutters click here!
Looking for a quote on shutters for 2 windows 49” x 43 1/2”. White hardwood without the pull showing.
Hey Elou! I will pass your info onto one of our secretaries. They will help you out!
I would love to have a set of shutters in my home as you have shown in the last picture. Currently, I have the flimsy plastic blinds on all of the windows. I do like how you mentioned that hardwood ones will last a lot longer than their plastic counterparts.
I’m glad to know that shutters increase the value of my home. If I were to choose, I’d put them on my living room since they require less maintenance to keep. Since they weigh less than their non-wood counterparts, I’m sure that the ones I’ll hire to build it for me will have an easy time installing them.
I just bought my first house. It’s great to know why hardwood shutters are great right now. I am going to look for a place to help me get some shutters.
My aunt wants to give more value to her home. I like how you mention adding custom wood into your home makes your home worth more. Thank you for the advice. I’ll recommend my aunt to install wood shutters to her home to give more value.
It’s great that hardwood shutters can increase the value of your home. My wife and I would like to sell our current house and move into a new one in the next year. We’ll be sure to look into our options for getting hardwood shutters to add some value to our house before we sell.
I like what you said about getting hardwood shutters to increase the value of your home. My sister has been telling me about how she wants to block out more light from her home soon. I’ll share this information with her so that she can look into her options for professionals who can help her with this.
The main advantages of hardwood shutters are that they are lighter weight, making them particularly suitable for large windows. As they are spray painted, as opposed to the plastic coating on the MDF shutters, they also have a more matt finish.
I’ve been wanting to have shutters installed in my living room, so we’ll be protected against the UV rays. I never knew that hardwood shutters are beneficial in terms of increasing my home’s value. It’s also great to know that hardwood shutters are easier to maintain because according to you, this type of shutter does not attract much dust.
It’s good to know that they don’t attract a lot of dust! My husband and I are wanting to look into getting new shutters installed for our kitchen windows in a couple of weeks, and we were wondering what material we should choose for them. I really appreciate you helping me learn more about the benefits of hardwood shutters for your home. We’ll have to look into getting some installed for our home!
I appreciate you helping me to understand that hardwood shutters will instantly improve the value of your home. If you get hardwood shutters installed in your home, you will want to figure out what the best way to clean them is so that they don’t lose their value. Keeping shutters clean makes sense because you want the inside of your home to stay attractive as well.
You made a good point when you shared that it is great to install hardwood shutters that can increase the value of your home. My wife and I are planning to move to another house soon and we want to make sure that it looks great for our housewarming party soon. I think it would be great if we install hardwood shutters for certain areas of the house.
It’s great to know that hardwood shutters would be able to be shaped to fit any window. I guess I can opt for this because there is one area on the first floor with an uneven shape. It would ensure that we have proper protection when extreme weathers come in the future.
My cousin has been thinking about getting some new shutters for her home because the old ones were really torn up from her kids playing with them. She would really like to get something that can be more durable and harder to break. I liked what you said about how hardwood shutters can be independently strong, and don’t need an aluminum core, or a carbonate rod to make them stronger.